Managing the Check Point Firewall Rule Base
These are the fields that manage the rules for the Firewall security policy.
- No. : Rule number in the Firewall Rule Base. Implied rules do not have a number.
- Hits : Number of connections that match this rule.
- Name : Name that the system administrator gives this rule.
- Source Network : Object that starts the connection.
- Destination Network : Object that completes the connection.
- VPN : Definitions of the allowed or blocked traffic between VPN sites.
- Service : Type of network service that is allowed or blocked.
- Action : Firewall action that is done when traffic matches the rule.
- Track : Tracking and logging action that is done when traffic matches the rule.
- Install On : Network objects that will get the rule(s) of the security policy.
- The Policy Targets option installs the rule(s) on all Security Gateways.
- Time : Time period that the Firewall enforces this rule.
- Comment : An optional field that lets you summarize the rule.